Booking conditions for taxi services
Here are the terms and conditions for booking taxi services via Mivai.
Scope of the terms and conditions
These terms and conditions act as an agreement between you, the Customer, and GoMobile AS who is the intermediator of taxi services.
‘GoMobile AS’ is a technology company that has developed Mivai.
‘The Taxi Company’ refers in this context to all taxi companies that offer their services via Mivai.
‘Customer’ refers to you, the person booking the taxi via the Mivai app.
- You can book a taxi via Mivai by selecting ‘Book taxi’ on the home page. You should then enter the collection point and destination. You will be shown price offers from taxi companies that Mivai has contracts with in this area. You then choose one of these offers, confirm the booking and pay in car, or in the app.
- Once the payment has been completed, we will submit your booking to the taxi company you selected. If your booking is not successful in Mivai, we will cancel the payment with immediate effect and no funds will be deducted from your account.
- You will receive a push notification when your taxi has been dispatched and is en route to you. You can track the status of your booking via the app.
- When the taxi is soon to arrive, you will receive a push notification and the status of your booking in the app will change.
- It is your responsibility to be in a location that allows the driver to easily find you. You must ensure that the taxi number assigned to you in the app matches the number of the taxi you get into.
- The driver is obliged to wait for you for five minutes upon arrival at the collection point, and will attempt to contact you before this waiting period elapses. If you do not appear once the taxi has arrived or during the course of the taxi driver’s mandated waiting time, some Taxi Companies charge a no-show fee of NOK 99 and cancel the rest of the payment.
The price offered via Mivai is the maximum price you will pay for the trip. GoMobile is responsible for ensuring that the booking is submitted to the selected taxi company, that payment is completed and that a receipt is issued.
Price and payment
The price offers shown to you in Mivai are based on the Taxi Companies’ list prices combined with a route calculation using Google Maps. Some taxi companies will offer a discount on their list prices to Mivai customers.
You must prepay your taxi ride via Mivai. Mivai will place a hold on the maximum price specified in the selected offer. As soon as the taxi ride is completed, this sum will be deducted from your account. If the meter price is lower than the offer (the maximum price), it is the meter price shown that will be deducted from your account.
The maximum price is the total price and includes VAT and any tolls. The maximum price will not apply if the taxi has to wait for more than five minutes upon arrival at the agreed collection point after you place your booking, and in this case the meter price will apply.
You will receive a receipt by email once the trip has been completed. You may also request a paper receipt from the driver if you wish.
You can cancel your booking free of charge in the app until your ride has been assigned to a taxi. When your ride has been cancelled, the reservation on your bank account will be removed immediately. If you experience any delay, please contact GoMobile by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to cancel a booking after your ride has been assigned to a taxi, you must contact the taxi company to cancel the trip. The taxi company’s terms and conditions for cancellation will apply.
Changes to your route or stops en route
After making a booking for a specified route, this route may not be changed. It is not possible to add stops to your booking. If you wish to make any stops or amend the route, the trip must be ended by the driver and you will automatically be charged the lowest out of the meter price and the maximum prepayment price in Mivai. Any further travel must be agreed with the driver on site and in accordance with the applicable taxi company’s terms and conditions.
If you have any special requirements, e.g. you need a child seat or facilitation for a wheelchair, you must contact the Taxi Company directly to place your booking.
GoMobile is responsible for procurement of taxi services via Mivai, including the completion of bookings through our channels, providing you with up-to-date and accurate information about your booking, and ensuring that payments and applicable refunds occur in accordance with our terms and conditions for this procurement.
GoMobile is not responsible for providing the trip once a taxi is assigned or any violations of the Taxi Company’s conditions of carriage. These are the responsibility of the Taxi Company.
The taxi company’s responsibilities
The Taxi Company’s conditions of carriage (in Norwegian) apply to the journey:
Ferder Taxi Moss
Ferder Taxi Buskerud
Complaints and claims for compensation
Problems with a booking via Mivai
If you have experienced problems with making a booking, payment or receiving a refund, you may complain to GoMobile by email: email@example.com.
Claims made on the basis of these terms and conditions must be submitted in writing without undue delay and no later than 3 – three months – after the problem occurred. Claims must contain an account of the course of events in the matter in question and any documentation (e.g. for additional expenses incurred). You will receive a response to your inquiry within four weeks.
Problems with your taxi ride
If you have had problems during the taxi ride, you should raise this directly with the taxi company that you experienced these issues with.
Mivai TAXI APP
We cover all of Norway and will soon also offer coverage in Sweden. If you travel a lot, you'll really benefit from having a taxi app you can use when you need it most.
© 2020 Mivai